In 1988 Prof. Dr. Helmut Zehetmair, Prof. Erika Lösch and Adelheid Kramer have founded the “Sommermusik im Oberen Nagoldtal” (before: “Altensteiger Sommermusik”). Since then Adelheid Kramer has been leading and organizing the “Summer Music in the Upper Nagold Valley”.
The aim is to teach talented children and young musicians during the holidays.
The master classes take place in Nagold. There are concerts in Nagold, Wildberg and Calw given by the teachers and the participants of the master classes.
The “Summer Music in the Upper Nagold Valley” is a project of the towns Nagold and Wildberg.
The “Summer Music in the Upper Nagold Valley” is for
- students of the violin, viola, cello, double bass and piano and those wishing to extend their repertoire, prepare for concerts, competitions, auditions and other exams. Complete chamber music ensembles can also apply to take part.
- highly gifted children and young people with basic technical knowledge
- young people and students of music who want to get special training in announcing concerts and free spech
- teachers of instruments and musicians who are looking for ideas and new methods of teaching
The “Summer Music in the Upper Nagold Valley” includes:
- master classes with accompaniment,
- lessons and group playing for children and young people,
- chamber music (string quartet, trio for strings, piano trio etc.) and orchestral rehearsals,
- evening rehearsals, stage performances and closing concert,
- master classes for composition with possibilities of performances of the composed pieces.
- course for moderation
The “Summer Music in the Upper Nagold Valley” wants to support (with experienced artists and teachers) the musical technical development of talented young musicians and composers. There will be opportunities for artists to meet with other highly motivated musicians from many nations, of different ages, teaching methods and skills. This is an important part of the course.
The staff welcomes students and children to this residential school (CJD Nagold, www.cjd-nagold.de) in Nagold which is situated in a tranquil part of the northern Black Forest. There will be enough room for teaching and practice in the local nearby schools of Nagold. Students and children will be encouraged to work intensively on their instruments during the course. There will also be ample opportunities for sports, table tennis, swimming, walking and jogging in the forest.
The CJD Nagold offers activities for families during the “Summer Music” for a small fee (c/o application form enclosed).
It is specially mentioned that participants of the master and children courses must follow the rules of the boarding school. Smoking and drinking alcohol within the houses is not allowed. Those who don't obey the rules are not allowed to take part on the courses.